If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- App Inventor移动应用开发 Video tutorials for App Inventor.
- App Inventor轻松学 Videos of how to make apps using App Inventor.
- App Inventor MOOC A university MOOC that teaches App Inventor and Android development. Link does not work with HTTPS:// but can be accessed at http://mooc.study.163.com/learn/ZHEDACHENGYUAN-1000132000?tid=1000188000#/learn/announce
- Magic Words App 說明文檔 A tutorial that interfaces with the web.
- 17Coding Teach Site Teaching site with tutorials, sample apps, and starter lessons for App Inventor.
- Chinese App Inventor Blog: 老巫婆的博客 Weibo and Sina blogs with Chinese App Inventor tutorials. Weibo: http://weibo.com/92767093?is_hot=1 Sina: http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/1646365593
- App Inventor Taiwan Resource Site Various links to App Inventor tutorials, news, competitions, and other resources in Chinese.
- Profe TIC Spanish App Inventor Video Tutorials Spanish Youtube videos that teach how to create App Inventor projects. Updated fairly recently as of February 2017.
- Game: Rock Paper Scissors Tutorial This game a rock-paper-scissors game, the user make a choice of Rock, Paper or Scissors while the other player in the app makes a choice as well and the result is displayed together.
- Photo analysis with Microsoft Cognitive Services, using Makeblock CamVision extension This is a simple project combining App Inventor and Microsoft Cognitive Services: Computer Vision API. The app can upload a picture to Microsoft Cognitive Services: Computer Vision API after the photo is taken, then retrieve information about the picture, such as a description, background color, foreground color and tags.