If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- Game: Rock Paper Scissors Tutorial This game a rock-paper-scissors game, the user make a choice of Rock, Paper or Scissors while the other player in the app makes a choice as well and the result is displayed together.
- Photo analysis with Microsoft Cognitive Services, using Makeblock CamVision extension This is a simple project combining App Inventor and Microsoft Cognitive Services: Computer Vision API. The app can upload a picture to Microsoft Cognitive Services: Computer Vision API after the photo is taken, then retrieve information about the picture, such as a description, background color, foreground color and tags.
- Imagnity Tutorials A collection of various tutorials to build apps and to learn how to use specific components. Tutorials include: sprites, lists, sorting, location sensor, procedures, Web component JSON response, and games.
- LEGO EV3 Tutorial: Pet Robot Tutorial for building an app that allows the user to instruct an EV3 LEGO robot to do certain maneuvers and actions through voice commands. The user can pick one of several commands: forward, backward (reverse), stop, forward slow, forward fast, disconnect, circles, right turn (turn right), left turn (turn left).
- LEGO EV3 Tutorial: Color Search A tutorial for how to build a mobile app that instructs an EV3 LEGO robot to search for a certain color on a white surface bordered by black. The user can pick one color out of red, green, blue, or yellow for the robot to search.
- Trigger IFTTT to Send an Email Using App Inventor Send an email programmatically without user intervention from within an App Inventor app
- CS in SF: Computer Science is for Everyone! Middle School Curriculum Online middle school App Inventor curriculum that combines video lessons and units from other sites into 50-minute classes. This curriculum was built as a part of SFUSD's Computer Science for All Students in SF effort.
- Detailed tutorial to build a multilingual City Highlights app Participants of this tutorial learn to create a fully functional Android-app with MIT’s App Inventor, a platform for designing and developing mobile apps. As part of this tutorial the following key issues will be addressed: – An overview of the App Inventor environment. – Design a graphical user interface. – Write clear, obvious and readable code to make the app maintainable. – Include content and implement a data structure. – Handle user interaction. – Use sensors to embellish the app. – Test the app using AI Companion.
- Tu App Inventor Sitio web para la comunidad hispana de App Inventor con noticias, tutoriales, vídeos sobre App Inventor
- App Inventor Workshop (Game Mosquito Hunt) A hands-on programming workshop, in which participants enter the world of computing by learning how to program an app for Android smartphones. We are sharing the complete teaching material of the workshop for non-commercial applications. Currently the material is available only in Brazilian Portuguese.