If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- App Inventor Workshop (Game Mosquito Hunt) A hands-on programming workshop, in which participants enter the world of computing by learning how to program an app for Android smartphones. We are sharing the complete teaching material of the workshop for non-commercial applications. Currently the material is available only in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Suggested Tablet Specifications for Running App Inventor A list of the desired specifications for tablets for running App Inventor compiled from the collective intelligence of many CSTA-GreaterBoston Chapter members.
- LEGO® EV3 Tutorial: Tilt-to-Drive This tutorial lets you make an app that drives around an EV3 LEGO robot by tilting a phone or tablet.
- How To Create 16 million Colors! MakeColors - create custom colors
- Curso de Desarrollo de Aplicaciones Móviles con App Inventor Curso de App Inventor online en la plataforma Udemy totalmente en español. 164 clases. 24 horas. Paso a paso. 27 aplicaciones. Curso completo que cubre: animaciones, medios, sensores, bases de datos, componentes sociales, webs, etc.
- Beginner Video Tutorials Beginner-friendly tutorials that are suitable for just starting out with App Inventor. The tutorials would be useful for events like the Hour of Code, where students could create an app within a limited amount of time.
- Teaching App Creation with MIT App Inventor This six unit course enables adults (mostly teachers) taking the course to work with students to build apps using App Inventor in a variety of potentially interdisciplinary settings. Its original purpose was to support Verizon App Challenge teams who want to complete their app.
- Tutorial – The Tower of Hanoi This tutorial is for advanced learners who want to explore the power of MIT App Inventor to create a complex and complicated Android game app, the Town Of Hanoi.
- Paintpot App-building Exam A GCSE Computing Assessment from England that tests students’ abilities to build the Paintpot app from a tutorial and answer general questions about computer science.
- Mobile CSP Curriculum An AP course on mobile computer science programming offered to high school students in the United States. The curriculum, videos, and other materials can be found on the website.