If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- App Design Worksheet 1-page worksheet that has students conceptualize and draw out mockups of apps they can make for 3 specific user groups. Should be used after the “I Have a Dream App Tutorial.”
- Animals Speak Tutorials 3 animals-related app tutorials in a worksheet format: 1. Typing the name of the animal shows the picture of the animal 2. Speaking the name of the animal shows the picture of the animal 3. Simple Siri-like program related to animals
- Android App Tutorials Eight lesson plans/tutorials for making basic game-style apps each day. Includes set-up and publishing guidelines.
- AIT YouTube Channel Videos of intermediate to advanced App Inventor techniques and general computer science news.
- 6-minute App Inventor Videos: Android pour tous! 7 video tutorials for building apps.
- Udemy Spanish App Inventor Course A comprehensive App Inventor curriculum with 155 video lectures and 8 quizzes from a MIT-certified Master Trainer. $30 without coupons.
- Chinese App Inventor site Tutorials, videos, and other resources in Chinese.
- Paintpot Slides Tutorial Step-by-step breakdown of how to make the Paintpot painting app in Google Slides format.
- Ping Pong Game Tutorial Step-by-step comprehensive slide deck of how to make a ping pong game.
- Pura Vida Code Snippets Lots of "tutorial-like" activities with small code snippets provided.