If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- Technovation Challenge – Учебный план на русском Based off of a high school program for girls. The website provides a detailed curriculum with specific units, slide decks, and student workbooks. There are also demo projects and videos of apps that students have made in the past.
- Technovation Challenge Curriculum – Deutsch Der globale Technologie Unternehmertum Programm für junge Frauen.
- Wellesley Course: Inventing Mobile Apps Curriculum including lectures, gallery of student work, labs, homework, a course calendar, and also pieces of App Inventor code that can be used modularly. This course teaches how to create apps for mobile devices as a vehicle for learning big ideas of computer science, engineering, and entrepreneurship and explore technology's impact on society.
- Youth Radio Mobile Action Lab Curriculum An after school program curriculum for 3 days/week, 2 hours/day. Teaches other skills of app development in addition to App Inventor techniques such as user research and market analysis.
- Course in a Box This course targets beginners of all ages and starts at the very beginning--setting up App Inventor. With video and text-based lessons, Professor Wolber will step you through building progressively more complex apps.