If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- Chinese App Inventor site Tutorials, videos, and other resources in Chinese.
- Paintpot Slides Tutorial Step-by-step breakdown of how to make the Paintpot painting app in Google Slides format.
- Ping Pong Game Tutorial Step-by-step comprehensive slide deck of how to make a ping pong game.
- Pura Vida Code Snippets Lots of "tutorial-like" activities with small code snippets provided.
- App Inventor Video Tutorials for Beginners YouTube video talk-throughs of how to build 5 basic apps.
- USF Course: Computing, Mobile Apps, and the Web A semester-long course taught at USF. The linked curriculum includes specific lectures, projects, reading assignments, and video assignments.
- Trinity College Course: Computing with Mobile Phones University curriculum taught at Trinity College that includes in-depth lecture materials and homework assignments.
- Technovation Challenge Curriculum Based off of a high school program for girls. The website provides a detailed curriculum with specific units, slide decks, and student workbooks. There are also demo projects and videos of apps that students have made in the past.
- Technovation Challenge Curriculum – Francais Le programme de la technologie de l esprit d entreprise mondiale pour les jeunes femmes.
- Technovation Challenge Curriculum – Português Based off of a high school program for girls. The website provides a detailed curriculum with specific units, slide decks, and student workbooks. There are also demo projects and videos of apps that students have made in the past.