If you are brand new to App Inventor, check out our Getting Started page.
App Inventor Starter Curricula
If you are interested in bringing MIT App Inventor to your school or organization, the following curricula are a great way to do so. While we have several curricula among our other resources, we wish to highlight these for their breadth in covering the capabilities of App Inventor.
- Concept Cards A set of concept cards that teaches students how to build modules of App Inventor blocks for specific tasks such as drawing on a canvas or speech recognition.
- App Inventor Merger Tool Tool that helps merge different projects for App Inventor 2.
- App Inventor EDU Sample curriculum created by a Google intern. Includes projects, philosophy, and detailed outline of a curriculum schedule. However, note that project tutorials are missing with empty pages, no instructions, and no screenshots or videos.
- App Design Worksheet 1-page worksheet that has students conceptualize and draw out mockups of apps they can make for 3 specific user groups. Should be used after the “I Have a Dream App Tutorial.”
- Animals Speak Tutorials 3 animals-related app tutorials in a worksheet format: 1. Typing the name of the animal shows the picture of the animal 2. Speaking the name of the animal shows the picture of the animal 3. Simple Siri-like program related to animals
- Android App Tutorials Eight lesson plans/tutorials for making basic game-style apps each day. Includes set-up and publishing guidelines.
- AIT YouTube Channel Videos of intermediate to advanced App Inventor techniques and general computer science news.
- 6-minute App Inventor Videos: Android pour tous! 7 video tutorials for building apps.
- Udemy Spanish App Inventor Course A comprehensive App Inventor curriculum with 155 video lectures and 8 quizzes from a MIT-certified Master Trainer. $30 without coupons.
- Chinese App Inventor site Tutorials, videos, and other resources in Chinese.