Search Site

Managing Tablets in classroom

App Inventor for Educators Forums Educator Forum Managing Tablets in classroom

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Adam Shopis 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Adam Shopis

Hello,

I’m currently planning a unit using app inventor. I have purchased an ASUS Zenpad 8 (Z380M) to work through issues before we invest in a class set. I will be using the tablets with multiple classes each day. I’m not sure how to set them up so that students can easily log in and out at the beginning and end of each class. I’m new to android and could use any advice that’s out there.

Thanks,
    Adam

Profile photo of Karen Lang
    Karen Lang
    Keymaster

Hi Adam,
    You don’t really need to have students login/logout of the tablets, as they will be using them to test their apps. You should download the MIT AI2 Companion app onto the tablet, and you can just set up one google account to be used for all your tablets. Then, each class using the tablets can just use the MIT AI2 Companion app that’s loaded onto the tablet without affecting any work from previous students. The only thing they should make sure they do is close the app at the end of class.

All development is done on the computer. By downloading onto the companion app, you’re just downloading code that gets interpreted on the tablet, so there is nothing permanent there.

Hope that helps.
    Karen

Adam Shopis

Ahhh.Thank you. That is helpful.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar